Special Year-End Appeal
God has a plan for everyone and everything. That includes you, and it includes Windsor Park United Church. None of us can fully know God’s plan – the best we can do is pray and listen for clarity.
For the past 60 years, you, the members of Windsor Park United Church, have felt God’s call to minister and work within this community. You have done so much to make sure that our church has provided value to the area, as not only a place to join others on their faith journey, but also as a place of building community:
- Tot Time is an important group that offers community to parents and young children in the area
- We provide regular support to West Broadway Community Ministry, the Bear Clan, Rossbrook House, Christmas Cheer board, local schools and our food pantry
- Our Tim Hortons partnership helps divert excess food from the landfill to community members in need
- We provide support through marriage, baptism, and funeral services to our members and the community
- The building houses regular rentals to community members, giving them a place to gather within the area
- The Memorial Garden offers a beautiful and affordable final resting place for congregation members and their loved ones
- The Little Free Library serves as a popular place to share books for members of the community of all ages
- and of course, spiritual support and growth through Sunday morning worship and our many groups within in the church
These things are really important to our community.
With our basement flooding this fall, and the subsequent temporary loss of the lower level, we have a felt a greater appreciation of the impact of Windsor Park United Church on both the congregation and the wider community.
But…what if Windsor Park United Church was not here anymore?
At this time, we need your support more than ever. Whether you give to the church on a regular basis, or just attend on occasion, we’re asking you to consider contributing a “year-end gift” to the General Fund of Windsor Park United Church to help cover our deficit for 2019 and give us a strong financial start to 2020. It’s something we need our entire church community’s help with.
Even if you can’t make a large gift, know that every little bit helps. Consider the price of your daily coffee over the course of a month – is that something you could afford to match and donate to keep your place of worship vibrant and healthy?
It’s about coming together as a community united in the belief that Windsor Park United Church makes a difference in the lives of those it touches as well as the greater world. We hope that you’ll consider making a donation to help us continue to move forward with our ministry.