It’s Giving Tuesday!
It’s Giving Tuesday and I’m sure you’ve been receiving emails all day asking you to give to every charity you’ve ever expressed an interest in!
What is Giving Tuesday? Giving Tuesday has become a day focused on giving as a counterbalance to the excess of buying on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. It encourages us to place the events side by side and consider how we share both our time and money with the charitable organizations around us.
As Christians, we are also encouraged to consider how our “faithful” giving measures up to our “worldly” giving. A few weeks ago, the Worship Leaders sang the song “God Loves a Cheerful Giver.” We considered the many ways we can share the gifts that God has given us. At this time, there are limited ways to volunteer with the church. But the need for money still exists as we work in a restricted capacity and limited budget.
If you would like to share some of your Giving Tuesday generosity with Windsor Park United Church, these are the ways you can donate:
- drop off a cheque in the mailbox, or call ahead to make sure someone is there to receive it at the door
- mail in a cheque to Windsor Park United Church 1062 Autumnwood Drive Winnipeg, MB R2J 1C7
- Call in to use your PAR (Leave a message at 204-356-8792). Make a one-time donation or add a monthly top-up to your current donation
- Become a PAR member (Leave a message at 204-256-8792). PAR is pre-authorized remittance. The amount of money your choose to donate automatically comes out of your bank account each month.
- Give through Canada Helps. You can make a one time donation or set up a monthly donation. https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/m/47090/donation
If you have noticed that you are spending less on gifts and entertainment this year, we would ask that you prayerfully consider giving a special gift to Windsor Park United Church.